Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another trip to the ER

Well so much for 2010 being a better medical year for us. We tried really hard and only made it until February. Justin came home from work Friday feeling terrible from a physical agility test and started throwing up friday night. We thought for sure he had food poisoning from the gas station chicken salad sandwich he at (against his wife's better judgement). Well Sunday he still didn't feel good and the guys at the department called and told him they thought he could have something wrong with his kidneys. Well being the good wife I am I told him they were crazy and he had food poisoning and I refuse to go to the ER AGAIN!! Well after consulting his medical director Justin insisted that we go, me still thinking this was crazy was a little grumpy about it but we went. Well good thing no one listens to me b/c after 3 hours in the ER we found out he has Rhabdomyolysis, which basically means his kidneys were in the process of shutting down b/c of a toxin that was released into his body by his muscles. I almost either had a heart attack or went into labor as the doctor was talking. They admitted us on sunday night and started IV fluids to flush his kidneys. He is being released today but it has been a fun time in the hospital. Luckily Justin's mom was already here for the weekend so we didn't have Jackson with us and his dad was already on 80 by the time Justin called him back to tell him more of what was going on. They stayed the whole time and we couldn't have done it without them. Hopefully the next trip to the hospital will be for the delivery of a healthy baby girl! Hopefully when I tell Justin I think I am in labor he will believe me and not tell me to wait it out because he doesn't want to go to the hospital again! I have learned my lesson and that is if anyone I know wants to go to the ER I will gladly take them. Justin will be fine luckily and there is no permanent damage to his kidneys. He does have to drink a gallon of water a day for the next couple of days and be retested on Friday but we are praying by then his levels will be back to perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment