Monday, December 7, 2009

My 1st Blog

My sister Julie has inspired me to start a blog! She recently started doing it and even though I talk to her at least 10 times a day I still learned something new about my nephews every time I read it so I thought with as many people that love to hear stories about Jackson that this would be a neat way to keep everyone up to date on the happenings in the Cox household!

We actually stayed home this weekend! That is amazing for us since we are always in Dallas or Van. It ended up being a great weekend at home and we got some Christmas shopping done. Jackson was in a great mood opposed to the issues we had last week with the steroids and 4 teeth coming in. He played with all his toys and entertained us all weekend. We went to a Christmas party on Saturday night and he had a great time. He walks around and touches and talks to everyone like he knows them and played with the other little kids, then passed out about 8:30 in his pack and play without making a peep! Sunday, a miracle happened. He woke up at 6:30 (normal) and Justin went and got him and they fell back asleep in the guest room so I could catch up on sleep, when I woke up at 9, I wondered where they had gone b/c there was no way Jackson was sleeping, well I was wrong, I peeked through the door and there they were both fast asleep until 9:30. This is a miracle for Jackson, 7:00 on a weekend is sleeping in to him, if we are lucky.

Since he had such a rough week last week with his asthma and teeth we decided to treat him to Chuck E. Cheese on Sunday. He had a great time, even though they don't have many rides for little kids, he rode the Chucky car at least 10 times and was perfectly happy. We of course then had to play the race car game and Daddy and him went down the slide. He is having a really hard time with this cold weather because he loves to be outside in his car or on the lawn mower so we thought this would be a good alternative. All in all it was a great weekend at home and allowed all of us to get some much needed rest.



Today he is home having a Jackson/Daddy day. I called to check in and so far they have slept until 9:30 and then Jackson had 8 little smokies for breakfast. We might be having our first case of one year old heart burn soon! He is growing so fast and getting so big. He is now saying a ton of new words: mama, dada, bye-bye, no no (with finger shake), points to his nose and says nose, duck and his favorite, ball! When he pulled one of my ornaments off the Christmas tree the other day he made sure to scream ball before he launched it onto the tile floor and shattered it!

Camryn's nursery stuff came in too, we don't have a crib yet for her since Jackson is still using it but I can't wait to eventually set it up!!


2 comments: