Monday, December 14, 2009

Wow what a weekend!

Well as usual we had a crazy but fun weekend. We started it off by hosting a Christmas party at our house on Friday night. Our schedule was already so crazy but being me, I just had to throw a party into the mix! It turned out great and everyone brought stuff so I didn't have to do too much. Jackson who normally goes to bed no later than 7:30 refused to go to sleep! He was right in the middle of everything until 10:15 when I think he actually just passed out from exhaustion. The nice thing was we didn't hear a thing from him until 8:00 the Saturday morning which was wonderful.

Saturday night we headed to Dallas for Cristal's 30th Birthday! We had a great time and as much as I love my little man it is nice every once in a while to get out and go to a restaurant without having to worry about him throwing his sippy cup or talking so loud everyone stares at us. It was great to see all my friends and celebrate Cristal's birthday. I still can't believe we are turning 30 but we all seem to be handling it better than expected! I have to mention a big thank you to mom and dad for keeping Jackson along with Barrett, Dylan, Austin, Macie and Ally! They insisted they could handle it and they did. Mom even had the older ones decorating cookies and still managed to handle it all!

Sunday we had christmas with my dad's family at my parent's house. Every thing went great until I went to check on Macie and Austin in the playroom and smelled something burning. I kept asking them if they smelled something and they insisted that the smell was "someone went poo poo" and they thought it was so funny to keep telling me that. Well as they were laughing the smoke alarm went off so I started freaking out and yelling. The smoke looked like it was coming from upstairs so me and Julie ran up there to check and nothing was on fire. When we came back down Julie noticed flames coming out of one of mom's candle holders on the dining room table. By this time everyone is screaming, people are running out of the house, mom is in the kitchen crying and yelling call the fire department. Julie grabbed a pitcher of water and put it out as dad and Justin came running in. So Julie put out the fire but somehow in Macie and Austin's eyes Justin is a hero b/c as Austin said 1000 times "we were going to call the fire department, but Uncle Justin IS the fire department so we don't need them". It was so cute. No matter what there is always drama at the York house.

We got home about 7:30 last night and all crashed. Poor Jackson was so worn out he slept until 8:15 this morning and then laid in bed with daddy until 9:30 and got to skip daycare today!




No comments:

Post a Comment